Men’s Soccer Advances to Section Finals!

The team celebrates after winning the game.

Senior Ryan Daggett kicks the ball.

Congratulations to the Apple Valley High School Men’s Soccer team for their win against Eastview this past Thursday! With a final score of 1-0, Apple Valley managed to beat the #1 seeded team in the state of Minnesota. This was an especially impressive victory given that Apple Valley, seeded 4th in our section, began the game as the underdogs.

It was an engaging game to watch, with lots of back-and-forth action and attempted goals by each side. “We worked hard and got results,” said Cooper Roberts, a freshman on the team.

Senior Justin Mutua heads the ball.

The Apple Valley student section was loud and proud and made themselves known with coordinated cheers and chants. Apple Valley students were on their feet the entire time, pressed against the railing and cheering for their team. In the words of senior Riley Hansen, “It was a fun atmosphere, which I think really helped contribute to the win. If you have people cheering you, it helps you play better.” Kellan McKeag, also a senior, added that, “It was really fun to come together as a school for a sport that not a lot of people go to watch and see them do what they do.”

The Apple Valley student section.

Senior Ryan Daggett, who scored the only goal of the game, said the team has “really come together these last six games with a 5-1 record.” He added optimistically, “I hope our streak continues!”

The next game for the men’s varsity soccer team, which is the Section Finals match, will start at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 17th. They will be playing Rosemount at Burnsville High School. If they win this game, they’ll advance to the state championship. Make sure to come support our boys!